Too many teens, parents and professionals are suffering in silence.
I speak teen
Together, we can smash through the stigma and stereotypes around the issues affecting our kids to help them thrive each day.
The Professional Bio
A TEDx speaker and columnist, Julie engages with audiences around the world. Her pioneering workshops and courses dispel the myths of adolescent misbehavior and the stigma of mental health to help parents and professional create deep understanding and strong relationships and partnerships at home, school and work.
Julie, a lifelong learner, holds multiple certifications in fields such as adolescent therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, addictions counseling, gerontology, systemic art and play therapy. Julie is also a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapist and the Gerontological Society of America. In addition to programs and speaking, Julie maintains a private practice outside Denver, Colorado.
Julie is an avid hula ho0per, boxer and roller skater.
- Julie is a an avid hula hopper, boxer and roller skater.
- She has lived in 58 (yes, 58) homes, 23 cities and 7 states, never lived anywhere for more than 4 years.
- She has gone skydiving six times and currently contemplating her next jump.
- She worked with No Doubt, Cadillac Tramps, Ice Cube and many others.
Her favorite thinking time is on the trail at 5a in that space between night and day.
- She splits her time between Pacific Northwest and the Rocky Mountains.